The Public Policy Extern needs to perform:
• Support Facebook's public policy and communications activities.
• Monitor and analyze legislation, regulation, and policies related to the company.
• Draft policy related materials including briefings and talking points.
• Research policy areas of interest to the company.
• Support outreach to Government, Congress, non‐profit organizations, and other entities.
• Research and develop policies and communication related to online safety, security, and privacy.
• Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
• Assist in organizing events including trainings and educational outreach.
• Prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently.
• Learn quickly in a fast‐paced, ever‐changing environment.
• Ability to commit a minimum of 30 hours per week in our Washington D.C. office.
• Previous internship or professional experience in policy, research, or communications preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in politics, public policy, and technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
• Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus.