This worker will report to the Facebook PDI group but will be working with the Oculus team.
We're looking to fill additional roles for the Product Data Integrity team. The candidate will coordinate and administer user studies for Oculus, and work with our cross functional product teams to further this initiative as well as communicate trends to help improve our products. RAs will be responsible for:
· Assisting principal investigator with experiments involving human subjects
· Stage and set up of equipment for studies. Set-up may involve engaging with engineering external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set-up properly
· Screen participants for availability, interest level, and appropriate qualifications.
· Coordinate the logistics of user research, including participant scheduling and distribution of incentives.
· Conduct studies: this includes any or all of the following: obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, and creating basic reports regarding the data. RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data.
· Study support services. Support research and development in various areas including data collection, onsite handling, tracking of participant compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures
· Pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the Oculus study team to optimize study procedures
· Assist in creating study test materials
· Scrutinize study specifications and planned assessments to ensure quality data is gathered from the right participants.
· Adhere to ethical codes related to conducting user research at Facebook.
· Annotate data according to specifications discussed with principal investigator and create tutorials for training other team members
· Possible travel to meet and work with international team
· Develop and design a phase study for research projects which include competitive analysis
· Develop and foster relationships with the UXR team and take on/design more user studies
· Continue to explore new areas of necessary research and product improvement
· Provide comprehensive reports and analysis of data to help determine correct path of project and future projects.
· Enrolled or complted: Certification in Facial Action Coding System
· Ability to quickly absorb training on product and tool functionality
· Strong attention to detail
· Organization skills
· Excellent communication skills verbally and via email
· Ability to perform well autonomously
· Penchant for web technology (consumer of various web and mobile apps)
· Strong interest in quality and user experience.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree