Facebook was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, working at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Technical Specialist to join our Interaction Sound Design team. You will support the team responsible for creating and maintaining the sonic voices for Facebook products across several platforms and surfaces. The role combines an understanding of interaction sound design paradigms, operations and systems management, complex audio systems integration, audio pipeline production workflows, and project management. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with multiple team members, large product groups, and engineering teams while thinking deeply and creatively to create best-in-class sonic experiences.
NOTE: This is not a Technical Sound Designer, Sound Designer or Sound Engineer role. This is a technical integration specialist role responsible for adding experiences across a variety of surfaces and platforms, working closely with software engineers to implement sound, integrate technical requirements for sound, and support the QA pipeline through the testing of audio experiences in products.
- Support teams in the development of complex audio systems in mobile, desktop, and first party hardware environments.
- Drive in the preparation, delivery, and implementation of sonic experiences.
- Support ongoing Operations and QA initiatives while participating in ad hoc and scheduled testing cycles.
- Work with QA to investigate, triage, escalate, and follow up on issues reported with our internal bug tracking system
- Maintain audio system and implementation regression tests
- Establish and maintain technical best practices, including support documentation
- Contribute creatively and technically to define best-in-class audio experiences
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
**assignment will be 6 months from the start date.
- 3+ years professional experience in creative production in software development, emphasis on audio and audio integration
- History supporting the needs of complex audio systems and production pipelines
- Experience testing and maintaining sonic experiences
- Familiarity with QA, bug tracking, and triage processes
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android operating systems
- Solid understanding of DSP, audio synthesis, and digital audio concepts and formats
- Experience with program and task management tools
- Proficiency in Digital Audio Workstations (Pro Tools preferred)
- Practical experience using Microsoft office tools such as Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with sound tools and/or Implementation of AR/VR audio design across first party and third party engines (Unity, WWise, Spark AR, or Audio middleware)
- Programming ability (Java Script or Python)
- Familiarity with Android layer scripts and source code control systems.
- Familiarity of programming languages (Java Script or Python)