Quill is an end-to-end solution for making and watching full VR-native animated stories,
immersive 3D painted scenes, and short animated loops. The Quill Creator tool on the Oculus
Rift allows artists’ "hands" to come through clearly — whether that's a watercolor style, pencil
style, oil painting style or other creative look. The Quill Theater app allows anyone with an
Oculus Quest to experience these high-quality animations in full 6DOF from the comfort of
Oculus TV, the go-to destination for the best in immersive entertainment.
We are seeking a Product Full Stack Software Engineer to support the growth trajectory of Quill
with the ability to move quickly between Android, web technologies, user interfaces, backend,
and data logging and analytics. A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and
doesn’t mind delving into different areas of the stack. This person will take initiative and should
be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications
skills are key as well given we interact and work with numerous engineering teams, product
management, designers, and internal and external partners.
• Work closely with product management, software engineers and partners to
understand requirements for new features and for enhancing existing product features.
• Architect efficient and reusable front-end and back-end systems.
• Design, develop, and test product features.
• Develop tooling and automation to unblock product development and other team
• Analyze & solve difficult problems across the stack.
• Build report interfaces and data feeds.
• B.S. degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field
• 2+ years of experience in Software Engineering
• 2+ years of experience programming with 1 object-oriented language (C++ or Java)
• 2+ years of experience programming with React or React Native
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible in a diverse, fast-paced
• 2+ years of experience with Android development and/or VR development
• 2+ years of experience with logging and data analytics
• 1+ years of experience with Kotlin
• 2+ years of experience developing consumer products
• 2+ years of experience developing large-scale data processing applications
•B.S. degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field