The events operations contractor position will be primarily responsible for overall project management, operations and logistics of Facebook’s GMS Summit.
Working with the event lead, develop and produce GMS Summit and other event programs as needed. You will be responsible for working with the event lead and contracted agency partner, wholly overseeing event operations and production contributing to a smooth and successfully managed event. Operations and production will include, but is not limited to: event agency management, general session stage and back-of-house management, registration management, hotel contract and block management, group air travel oversight, VIP and executive handling, shipping, ground transportation, security planning, catering, evening event planning, creative fulfillment, exposition oversight, and more.
Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness - define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness. Manage project timelines, collaborate with events marketing team to continually refine best practices and standards across Facebook, and incorporate into future events.
- 5+ years of event operations experience (marketing experience in the advertising, marketing technology, or media industry preferred)
- 3+ years working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- Direct experience programming and/or producing 5,000+ person events (managing internal sales and marketing conferences for tech companies preferred)
- Direct experience managing or working with event production, creative and experiential agencies
- Experience managing hotel contracts and blocks
- Experience managing group air travel
- Experience managing multiple vendors
- Exceptional cross-functional team management
- Direct experience building and managing event registration systems and mobile apps
- Thorough understanding of client-side marketing and the holistic role of events in the context of overall marketing strategy
- Event agency experience a plus
- Exceptional project management experience
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Solid experience managing complex projects and budgets
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with competitive event landscape
- Desire to consistently enhance events, bringing new ideas to the table
- Excellent eye for detail
- Must be a team player
BA required (communication or marketing preferred)