Digital Design Engineer to implement custom logic in ASIC for Facebook’s AR/VR products and in FPGA for prototyping and research. Areas of interests include Graphics, Audio or Compression. Primary language is SystemVerilog with some HLS where it is effective.
· Implement and deliver verified RTL blocks based on architectural and micro-architectural requirements.
· Contribute to the architectural and micro-architectural requirements.
· Support the Digital Verification, Physical Design, and Firmware teams to ensure correctness of the delivered RTL.
· Respond to issues found by engineers running the Lint, CDC, STA, Synthesis, and LEC tools.
· Support handoff of RTL blocks to prototyping engineers for integrating the delivered RTL into FPGA platforms.
What are the top non-negotiable skill sets needed to be succesful in this role?
Is this position elgible for remote work?
Key Skill Requirements
· History of successful tape out of several ASIC releases using SystemVerilog RTL coding (Additional FPGA experience is a plus).
· Experience with closing timing and meeting power consumption goals in large designs in advanced technology nodes (sub-10nm geometries is a plus).
· Scripting language experience such as Python, Perl, TCL, etc. (Python is a plus).
· Debugging experience in simulation, emulation, and system bring-up in collaboration with Verification, Emulation, Physical Design, Firmware teams, etc.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with 5 years of relevant ASIC digital design experience