Facebook is hiring a full-time contractor Policy Programs Associate Manager in our Washington D.C. office! We are seeking a highly organized, motivated, and detail-oriented individual with an extensive background in event planning and a passion for improving existing processes. This role is a full- time contract position that will require extensive travel throughout the U.S. and Canada.
* Responsible for managing and overseeing logistics and end-to-end event planning and execution under Facebook’s policy-led Boost Your Business initiative.
* Responsible for communication and management of contracted A/V team and other outside event management organizations.
* Provide suggestions for improvement of program and the ability to implement approved changes.
* Assist in drafting programmatic related materials including 1-pagers, briefing documents, FAQ sheets and other collateral.
* Support lead program manager with outreach to private organizations and public entities.
* Research partner organizations in the U.S. and overseas that have capability to assist with scaling existing US programs.
* Work closely and communicate efficiently with XFN teams including Public Policy, Policy Communications, Insights Analytics, and others.
* 4+ years experience in multiple events planning
* Demonstrated interest in event planning, marketing, communications, and public policy.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
* Ability to recognize areas for improvement and execute autonomously.
* Passion for Facebook and online communication a must!
* This role is based in Facebook’s Washington, D.C. office and requires extensive travel in the U.S. and Canada.