• Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production and corporate network and server infrastructure in data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites throughout the LatAm region.
• Calculate and document equipment power requirements and work with Engineering, Facilities Operations, and/or collocation vendors to meet these requirements.
• Manage project timelines to support network turn-up within expected completion intervals.
• Responsible for asset management of networking gear in datacenter and POP sites
• Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
• Create network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation.
• Create statements of work for vendors at the POP sites.
• Create cage and rack designs and understand the overall needs of POP infrastructure.
• Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
• Follow, improve, and implement data center and POP best practices
• Provide necessary escalations to higher support tier; assist Sales and Customer Support with technical operations, and work with internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Work closely with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
• Use internal tools and scripts to configure, monitor, and repair servers and network equipment
• Detect and diagnose various error/failure conditions across an array of server types.
• The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in data center deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and Network devices.
• Must have an understanding of datacenter network architecture and common issues related to datacenter networks.
• Knowledgeable in Data center practices (i.e. cable routing, calculating power usage and cooling).
• Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
• Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
• Have a sound and in-depth understanding of IP technologies such as MPLS, BGP, RSVP-TE, IS-IS
• Have basic understanding of DWDM transmission technology, and circuit troubleshooting techniques
• Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
• Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired
• Proficiency in Linux operating system
• Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT or equivalent experience preferred.
• Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
• Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor engagement and escalation and participation in ongoing POPs deployment projects
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
• Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with carriers remotely
• Experience in dealing with service providers and colocation facilities around the world
• Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision
• Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills
• Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs.
• 20% to 50% of travel required
Experience working in a multi-vendor network environment
Experience with field-based work in Collocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
Scripting experience with Python or Perl preferred.
Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP. Expert level certifications preferred.