We are an AI organization building experiences on Portal, Oculus and other Facebook surfaces. Our team is focused on unifying assistant technologies into compelling products that are trustworthy and delightful part of people’s daily life. We assist you at the right place, at the right time. We are building brand new experiences that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. Core to our mission is technology to help connect people to what matters most by recognizing and fulfilling their intent in a natural way.
We're looking for a strong Internationalization Technical Program Manager with a proven track record of developing and shipping rich and intuitive consumer-facing products with high quality by leveraging innovative hardware and AI. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work closely with a world class development team to bring together technology from multiple teams to form a product experience that builds a trusted contextual helper. This includes technologies like NLP, Speech, Dialog, Knowledge Graph, Search, Ranking, and other ML and Deep Learning problems.
You will be responsible for running a highly successful team and driving excellence across all releases, partnering with internal and external stakeholders across a large number of teams to make this happen. This role requires the ability and willingness to partner across disciplines to not only support but lead program execution, escalations, and mitigation plans that ensure organizational commitments are on track and drive success across partner relationships in the organization.
This role requires collaboration with engineering, linguists, product management, data science, product quality, and other cross functional teams on execution, team goals, with a primary responsibility to deliver on all phases of the development cycle, planning requirements, managing schedules and dependencies, identifying and tracking risks and clear communication to project stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of performance, excellent communicator (written and verbal), self-motivated, energized by having impact, drives data driven decisions, is detail oriented, and can handle a large volume of complex engagements across a vast array of partners, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work cross-functionally to develop effective schedules, and drive to successfully complete the project.
- Drive visibility, accountability, and execution for programs.
- Work closely with Product, Quality, Engineering, and Data Science for root cause analysis, and drive launch readiness.
- Ensure delivery of project goals and schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs across all partner releases.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks, cutting through ambiguity and driving clarity.
- Drive technical excellence within the team, coordinating and contributing to engineering deliverables including architectural diagrams, specifications, launch criteria, and test plans.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, root cause, and mitigate highly technical issues.
- Drive and author excellent and timely project documentation. Documentation should be complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with partner and cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- 8-9 years experience as a technical program manager or equivalent experience working in a cross-functional software development environment having delivered end to end customer facing experiences.
- Comfortable with providing analytical data driven decisions, combined with excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Experience understanding software product cycle with the ability to quickly understand, troubleshoot, and mitigate highly technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead execution across highly ambiguous, complex products and programs, with strong ability to make technical and product tradeoffs balancing business needs and technical constraints.
- Track record of driving programs to success while being flexible to feedback and changes in priority/direction.
- Track record of excellence driving execution and delivering products on time into new or novel environments, balancing driving program goals at high level, with getting into the weeds to get the job done when required.
- Software experience in a development and deployment of end to end applications used around the globe across both long term and short-term programs.
- Understanding and ability to deploy/garner adoption of software development processes and best practices.
- Expert on project and issue tracking, expertise with project and issue tracking systems.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams.
- Experience developing and shipping voice enabled applications/speech assisted services
- Experience delivering into pre-released hardware vehicles.
- Experience with internationalization and cultures is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.