We have an optical engineer contractor position available, working with our multidisciplinary Brain-Computer-Interface (BCI) team at Facebook's Menlo Park office, where we are developing novel wearable neural interface technologies. The work term is for 1 year.
* Design and build benchtop fiber-coupled and free-space electro-optical systems
* Perform experiments and analyze data
* Experience with experimental optics and laboratory work on setting up of proof-of-concept systems and performance evaluation
* Experience with lasers and laser systems
* Experience with data analysis
* Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
* Experience with simulations and modeling
* Proficiency with Matlab and Python
* Experience with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, polarization characterization, spectroscopy, image quality testing, etc.
* Experience with single photon detection
* Experience with biomedical optics
* Masters or PhD in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent discipline
Skills and Experience
The Skills and Experience match parameters for the candidate are parsed from the Duties, Skills, and Education.
6+ years of experience