Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over 1.6 billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
At Facebook, our vision is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. We think this is having a profound impact on the way we relate to people, communities and institutions around us. As such, Facebook is a powerful way for companies to reach consumers and advertise their products and brands, leveraging the power of word of mouth recommendations.
Facebook is looking for an Assistants to work with our Vertical Directors in Germany, Austria and Switzerland in our Global Sales Organization. We are looking for a well organized smart and efficient self starter with the ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
This person will plan and arrange meetings, take notes and follow up meeting outcomes independently, take ownership over smaller internal and external events as well as manage daily routine administrative tasks such setting up appointments, arrange travel etc. This role will be based in Hamburg.
The right person will be hands on with the ability to navigate a complex organization and adapt to many different communication methods and personalities. The Assistant will be able to manage heavy workload efficiently and establish excellent relationships with co-workers across the globe.
We are seeking someone who is caring, organised, passionate about getting things done.
- Assist in accomplishment of company and vertical team objectives and tasks
- Plan and organize all meetings and appointments; review, update and manage schedule for assigned executives - confirm attendees and manage the agenda and logistics of all recurring meetings and departmental events, also cross-regions and cross-departments globally;
- Preparation and delivery of all briefing information for all meetings;
- Communicate routinely to manager’s direct reports, peers and managers
- Own organization of vertical specific events like offsite, bigger client meetings and closely collaborate with crossfunctional partners for these events
- Communicate daily with internal and external customers while exhibiting the highest degree of professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy;
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Facebook to clients and partners
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation;
- Respond to and screen all incoming calls or electronic communication and distribute to appropriate persons;
- Organize and manage all travel arrangements; Process expense reports
- Exercise absolute discretion at all times
- Excellent communication skills – proven ability to communicate with executives, peers, the public, and others via all means of communication including telephone, email, written correspondence and in person
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Good planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent computer skills – fluency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook Experience in assisting executive with the creation of Powerpoint presentations
- Ability to handle difficult situations and people
- Proactive and self-motivated with an ability to take direction in a very fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Extensive knowledge of event planning
- Experience in providing administrative support at executive level
- 7+ years working experience in similiar functions preferrably in high-demanding and fast-paced environments
- Ability to manage more than two people adminstrative wise
- BA/ BS or equivalent experience