As our Interaction Designer for Augmented Reality, your job is to transform product requirements into user-focused and intuitive products and interfaces for augmented reality applications. You will work closely with our product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts and other key stakeholders. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups and flows for augmented reality applications, including:
- Designing augmented reality user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Staying abreast of AR UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel products and creative fields.
- Creating rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Highly detailed communication of design principles + direction, as well as design specifications to engineers.
- Working with engineers and creatives to guide the realization of augmented reality applications.
- A minimum of five years of UX or interaction design experience for augmented reality, 3D graphics, entertainment, gaming, or other relevant field.
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative 3D and interactive design thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy path as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Proficiency in 3D design and animation, graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in interaction design, 3D design, architecture, or related field.